Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 18714 times)

Offline pachinkoroomwinnersclub

Re: Introduce yourself!
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2020, 08:32:09 AM »
What cancelled sitcom best  describes your life?

Seinfeld. Not only does it match my aesthetic but as a late 20s dummy who spends too much time with their friends I can relate to the show. Makes me really wish I could have spent these years in my 20s instead of the 2010s

What does Vaporwave mean to you?

Finally a genre I can relate to on more than one level. Growing up I listened to and played hardcore/metal music and I enjoyed the scene and music but I didnt feel a personal connection to the music. When I heard vaporwave it took me back to certain memories as a child that were lonely but somehow comfortable. The feeling of walking in a dead retail establishment gives me chills and thats why I fell into the rabbit hole

What subgenres are you most into?

I love it all but I really go through stages of being into future funk and then vaportrap and then more "traditional vaporwave" and then abstract stuff like mall soft or signalwave

How did you find out about this place?

I was googling different places I could share my music and art. Vaporwave has such a particular fandom that the general public isnt as receptive. Its nice to be in a community that has this niche interest. As soon as I saw the homepage I know I was in the right place

What do you do for fun?

I take care of elderly/sick/disabled people and that takes up a lot of time but in my free time I enjoy trying new music making techniques, video games (mostly old nintendo games), trying digital art, and just being with my friends (:
and of course the internet

┈┈┈┈╱▔▔▔▔▔▔╲┈╭━━━╮┈┈┈
┈┈┈▕┈╭━╮╭━╮┈▏┃UwU…┃┈┈┈
┈┈┈▕┈┃╭╯╰╮┃┈▏╰┳━━╯┈┈┈
┈┈┈▕┈╰╯╭╮╰╯┈▏┈┃┈┈┈┈┈┈
┈┈┈▕┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈▏━╯┈┈┈┈┈┈
┈┈┈▕┈┈┈╰╯┈┈┈▏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
┈┈┈▕╱╲╱╲╱╲╱╲▏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Offline laCroix日食

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2020, 03:35:59 PM »
I'm not really into sitcoms... srry  ::)

What does vaporwave mean to you?
I really love the aesthetics of the genre since they resemble closely the kind of ambiance I grew up in as a child. ...and it's great music to listen to while stoned  :o

Signalwave (or broken transmissions?) is definitly a big one for me, I love the weird confused feeling that kind of aesthetic creates, but my favourite subgenre of 'em all has to be VHS Pop. It takes me back to the beaches, the sun, the seaside houses we used to rent for summer, the salty sea breeze in the late night... god I miss my country...
I don't really know why I associate VHS Pop with these souvenirs of my late childhood, probably because of the music my parents listened to in those occasions...

Boring answer: I was looking for vaporwave forums on the vaporwave subreddit and I found a thread where agoraroad was linked.
Cool answer: It was late in the night, me and my friends were wondering in the dehors of my city. There all there is are roads. Infinite roads. We decided to sit down at a bus stop hoping for a night bus to come. I sat down, high as fuck; a weird sticker on the pole in front of me caught my attention. It was partially damaged, but I could still clearly distinguish the drawing of a beautiful blond haired women. "AgoraRoad.com - Join us", were the words I could read under the drawing. She was calling me.

What do you do for fun?
I make music I guess?
"Vivo in inquietudine, ma dovrò farci l'abitudine, perché la vita non ti passa mai, dovrò cicatrizzarmi addosso i guai"

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2020, 10:40:20 PM »
M*A*S*H

Great Vibes, Relaxation, Nostalgia, and more!

I like Chillwave, Synthwave, Trapwave, and pretty much any subgenre of Vaporwave.

I saw it on a Vaporwave group on the Book of Faces.

What do you do for fun?
Read, Run, Learn new things, such as coding, networking, or philosophy.

Offline DaveSpeedo

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2020, 01:44:57 AM »
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

I have no idea, I don't watch sitcoms.

It's a magical place, where you can hug the nostalgia, till it explodes.

Mallsoft and Climatewave!

With Google.

What do you do for fun?

Writing, reading, watching movies, listen music and just enjoying, that I can just....be.

Hell is other people :)
- Sartre

Offline Red Scryyn of Death

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2020, 07:27:33 PM »
Don't know any cancelled sitcoms, but Drake and Josh fits.

Vaporwave means an almost infinite amount of things to me... However, the most integral part for me is its diverse representation and thematic expression of dreams, hypnagogia, and other altered states of consciousness.

Black Disco, slushwave, and more classic forms of plunderphonics. My absolute favorite album is "Champion" by Teamm Jordann, which is a mix of classic plunderphonics and something else unique.

I found it through Twitter randomly one night.

What do you do for fun?
Music, art, parkour, read, video games, and gardening.
See you in the next dream... ~РСоД

Offline Greg_Delta

« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2020, 08:04:04 PM »

Seinfeld. I've been compared to all the male characters by different people, but I guess I'm mostly Jerry, but in reality I'm just Larry David

To me, Vaporwave is a vibe and a community. I feel that anything can be vaporwave if you feel it. Vaporwave music doesn't have to be slowed down, sample heavy, electronic lo-fi or anything. You could be heavy metal vaporwave if you have the vibe. It's also a community. I've been a musician for over a decade...vaporwave is very accepting and found that people are always ready to hold each other up and give everything a chance. As a guitar player, I've been in blues communities and metal communities and the guitar community itself and all three of these groups are elitist as all get out...I'v found very little elitism in vaporwave. My music is more rockish and 80s synthpop (like YMO or kraftwerk) than it is Blank Banshee, but I have been welcomed by VW listeners and community even though I don't sample and my music isn't really having a VW "Sound"

I don't actually believe in genres.

Google search for Vaporwave Forum because I was banned from reddit lol

What do you do for fun?

Music, video games, and hanging with family/firends.

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2020, 10:56:43 AM »

Hmmm... I don't watch too many but if I had to pick I'd say Alf because I eat a lot of food

It's my way of escape into another life. I love when music or a video takes me away to another place (especially the 80s ;) )

That's tough! It's hard to not enjoy that classic vaporwave feel, I dig mallsoft and vaporfunk along with a lot of vaporwave 2.

I think I just heard about it in various places. I really like it, it totally makes me think of the days of the Wild Wild Web that I missed and it's very nostalgic.
What do you do for fun?
I play video games, guitar and I was learning drums but I can't really do that now during quarantine. I also like to fix old computers and video game consoles and collect old music and games and movies I find aesthetic. Lots of hobbies, but they all pretty much tie back to vaporwave haha.

Anyways, I dig this forum and hope to be more active on here! It's totally my aesthetic :)
director of PSM, CEO of vaporwave

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2020, 01:02:16 PM »

Seinfeld, a bit of a cliche I know, but I've found myself in similar situations.

It's a hiding place for my mind, an idilic state of mind and the setting I always dream of.

Mallsoft, VHS Pop and lately I'm enjoying utopian virtual and a good dose of signawave.

A vaporwave compilation called "VHS Beach" randomly popped up in my YouTube recommendations and the description linked me here.

What do you do for fun?

Make music (vaporwave too but mostly other genres) and search for old 80's scans and photographs :)

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2020, 04:12:25 PM »

Seinfeld, a bit of a cliche I know, but I've found myself in similar situations.

It's a hiding place for my mind, an idilic state of mind and the setting I always dream of.

Mallsoft, VHS Pop and lately I'm enjoying utopian virtual and a good dose of signawave.

A vaporwave compilation called "VHS Beach" randomly popped up in my YouTube recommendations and the description linked me here.

What do you do for fun?

Make music (vaporwave too but mostly other genres) and search for old 80's scans and photographs :)

What are some of the Utopian Virtual albums you've been listening to? I really like the genre but it's hard to find new uv albums. Also you should post some of those scans and photos in the gallery board here if you haven't already, here's the link http://www.agoraroad.com/macforum/index.php?action=gallery
director of PSM, CEO of vaporwave

Offline Bruno Romero

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2020, 03:48:27 PM »
Probably "That 70s show", Its such a cool show, very funny. Red is the funniest caracther

Vaporwave was what made me get into eletronic sounds. Until then I used to like only Rock and classic music.

Synthwave and Darksynth

I was invited through email to create a profile here after uploading 3 songs on Bandcamp

What do you do for fun?
I create and produce my own songs on Reaper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueCATLDK-_M
I also read about politics and philosophy and I like to watch soccer

vaporwaveforum vaporwave vaporwave vaporwave vaporwave vaporwave bandcamp vaporwave vaporwave playstation Coffee