Author Topic: What are you having for dinner? Recommendations/Recipes  (Read 308 times)

What are you having for dinner? Recommendations/Recipes
« on: June 06, 2020, 07:00:57 PM »
I'm running out of ideas for things to cook. Share with me your plans for your big meal of the day, whenever that might be. I also am cool with hearing about whatever delicious takeout or delivery you had, so it doesn't have to be home-cooked.

Basically, let's talk about food and maybe share recommendations and recipes?

Offline Andy Peterson

Re: What are you having for dinner? Recommendations/Recipes
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 10:52:12 PM »
I'm a bean guy:

Great red beans & rice recipe:
https://www.emilieeats.com/cajun-style-vegan-red-beans-rice/

Don't have a recipe for it look up a recipe for white beans and rosemary - That over some jasmine rice...my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

And tonight I had a burst cherry tomato pasta (any recipe you find is probably fine). I'm really bad at making sauces but this is a pretty straightforward sauce to make. Just sautee a bunch of cherry tomatoes until they all burst. Makes for a very vibrant and tangy pasta sauce.
Success is inevitable. All you have to do is say the word.

- Dillard Maxis ⛱

Offline Lugia909

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 12:59:24 PM »
Last night, I got indulgent and spicy. Ordered Curry Lo Mein with chicken, some spring rolls. Plus, the neat thing about how Chopstix (Champaign, IL) does a "single order of..." is that you wind up with 2 days (and sometimes more) of what you'd ordered...and curry ANYTHING is always twice as excellent the next day!
Are we here? Are we unique? 南無阿弥陀仏

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 03:45:04 PM »
I'm a bean guy:

Great red beans & rice recipe:
https://www.emilieeats.com/cajun-style-vegan-red-beans-rice/

Don't have a recipe for it look up a recipe for white beans and rosemary - That over some jasmine rice...my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

And tonight I had a burst cherry tomato pasta (any recipe you find is probably fine). I'm really bad at making sauces but this is a pretty straightforward sauce to make. Just sautee a bunch of cherry tomatoes until they all burst. Makes for a very vibrant and tangy pasta sauce.
I love the red beans & Rice from Popeyes. It seems like they add some kind of special ingredient. It's just sooo good. But I'm a real big fan of strong tasting foods like kalamata olives, raw onions, dijon mustard.

Offline Lugia909

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 05:01:37 PM »
I love the red beans & Rice from Popeyes. It seems like they add some kind of special ingredient. It's just sooo good.

And they do: file. There's supposed to be an accent on that 'e', btw. File is finely-ground sassafras leaves, and it's a very common ingredent in Cajun food, used both as a thickener for roux as well as a subtle spice. It's where that light, aromatic sweetness comes from.
Are we here? Are we unique? 南無阿弥陀仏

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 12:19:39 PM »
I've got some shrimp to peel (it's currently sitting in a bed of lime juice to reduce smell and add acidity). Gonna make some ceviche! :)

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 12:13:29 PM »
My favorite chocolate cake recipe, vegan too! Dont let that scare you it's great, and very useful for when you dont have eggs but want your cake to eat too. 
From joy of cooking Rev.ed. 1997.

Zoom in.

vaporwaveforum vaporwave vaporwave vaporwave vaporwave vaporwave bandcamp vaporwave vaporwave playstation Coffee