Author Topic: What is your opinion on Vaporwar/War Aesthetics.  (Read 243 times)

What is your opinion on Vaporwar/War Aesthetics.
« on: May 28, 2020, 04:44:43 PM »
Ive discovered an intresting phenomenon of vaporwave where people are overlaying vaporwave and electronic music over war videos. I think its suppose to resemble the nostalgia of war but that's a little messed up though.
What do you think? However i noticed that Vaporwar is also cousin to fashwave which i am against and not what I'm talking about.

Here are some videos that I found and they are pretty
A E S T H E T I C
https://youtu.be/T79Pb1qHeII

https://youtu.be/hyiW3acN2ug

https://youtu.be/KBCbMXOICY8

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 04:51:12 PM by IlluminatiPirate »

Re: What is your opinion on Vaporwar/War Aesthetics.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 08:28:59 AM »
Um...I don't wanna get banned so....
how would you get banned lol?

Thanks for including me in the 1000 member comp. feels good, glad I was VW enough to make it on lol

Offline admin

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 10:10:56 AM »
Um...I don't wanna get banned so....
how would you get banned lol?

Thanks for including me in the 1000 member comp. feels good, glad I was VW enough to make it on lol

Hey you're welcome!

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 01:04:03 PM »
Gamificate everything, that's the endgame!

Offline Lugia909

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 04:33:32 PM »
It only works for me if you have the military attacking a mall! Tracer rounds streaking thru the food court, mortar rounds being lobbed in the general direction of Nordstroms...
Are we here? Are we unique? 南無阿弥陀仏

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 04:53:47 PM »
Vaporwar seems a lot like Fashwave to me. TBH i don't think either have a place in the vaporwave community and it is just people who like fascism adopting the aesthetics of vaporwave to cover up their intentions while ignoring that foundational philosophy that drives vaporwave music and art.

Edit: The videos you posted don't even use vaporwave music lol. The first one uses a Witch House song, the second is outrun, and the last is Triphouse. The only thing they have in common is the usage of vaporwave visual effects. The people who make these don't even know what vaporwave is, just look at it and say "colorful greek bust cool".
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 04:57:26 PM by netdenizenlain »

Offline Lugia909

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 05:35:35 PM »
TBH i don't think either have a place in the vaporwave community and it is just people who like fascism adopting the aesthetics of vaporwave to cover up their intentions while ignoring that foundational philosophy that drives vaporwave music and art.

Yep...like I observed above, this would only work if you had Delta Force attacking the Mall of America to liberate the enslaved cartoon iconography being held hostage in the Sanrio store, or something equally psychotic. Or perhaps NOT psychotic, when you look at what war really accomplishes for the rich.
Are we here? Are we unique? 南無阿弥陀仏

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 05:50:07 PM »
Vaporwar seems a lot like Fashwave to me. TBH i don't think either have a place in the vaporwave community and it is just people who like fascism adopting the aesthetics of vaporwave to cover up their intentions while ignoring that foundational philosophy that drives vaporwave music and art.

Edit: The videos you posted don't even use vaporwave music lol. The first one uses a Witch House song, the second is outrun, and the last is Triphouse. The only thing they have in common is the usage of vaporwave visual effects. The people who make these don't even know what vaporwave is, just look at it and say "colorful greek bust cool".
I just shared the videos because of the visual aesthetics. However, I'm embarrassed.

vaporwaveforum vaporwave vaporwave vaporwave vaporwave vaporwave bandcamp vaporwave vaporwave playstation Coffee